Word of the day Hereafter just called WOD
Cloy - Something akin to too much of a good thing. Michelle was impressed the first time Dan gave her flowers, but now he does it everyday. His cloyness has gotten a bit boring.
Believe it or not I learned this word on the Television Without pity American Idol forum. Some folks think Vonzelle is cloy, I happen to disagree, but whatever.
What I did today.
Today was cleaning day. Well, lately every Saturday is cleaning day. Today was all about floor care. I washed the doormats, and got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed the living room rug. It doesn't look any different, but at least it smells like carpet cleaner in my apartment now, so that's something I guess.
I went out for a few hours while my carpet dried, saw the latest ER tonight, and ate a frozen pizza for dinner. Other than that I've just been farting around on the computer all evening.
Bright ideas I've had
Yesterday at work there was a job posting for a Director of Studies for a branch of my language school in Santiago Chile. I made fun of the posting, because, Santiago? Seriously? Not that there's anything wrong with Santiago, I'm sure it's a fine city. It's just that no one here is even remotely qualified to be a DOS, and are unlikely to want to move to Santiago even if they were. But after I'd had my laugh I have to admit I started thinking "Hmmm....Santiaaaago." I could see myself there, riding a llama and wearing one of those hats with the fuzzy pom poms hanging off it, or is that just way too stereotypical/culturally insensitive? Whatever.
So that was my boring Saturday. Betcha can't wait till Sunday.
Cloy - Something akin to too much of a good thing. Michelle was impressed the first time Dan gave her flowers, but now he does it everyday. His cloyness has gotten a bit boring.
Believe it or not I learned this word on the Television Without pity American Idol forum. Some folks think Vonzelle is cloy, I happen to disagree, but whatever.
What I did today.
Today was cleaning day. Well, lately every Saturday is cleaning day. Today was all about floor care. I washed the doormats, and got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed the living room rug. It doesn't look any different, but at least it smells like carpet cleaner in my apartment now, so that's something I guess.
I went out for a few hours while my carpet dried, saw the latest ER tonight, and ate a frozen pizza for dinner. Other than that I've just been farting around on the computer all evening.
Bright ideas I've had
Yesterday at work there was a job posting for a Director of Studies for a branch of my language school in Santiago Chile. I made fun of the posting, because, Santiago? Seriously? Not that there's anything wrong with Santiago, I'm sure it's a fine city. It's just that no one here is even remotely qualified to be a DOS, and are unlikely to want to move to Santiago even if they were. But after I'd had my laugh I have to admit I started thinking "Hmmm....Santiaaaago." I could see myself there, riding a llama and wearing one of those hats with the fuzzy pom poms hanging off it, or is that just way too stereotypical/culturally insensitive? Whatever.
So that was my boring Saturday. Betcha can't wait till Sunday.

0 Responses to “”
Post a Comment