As it turns out, yesterday's power outtage went on much longer than I thought. Some of my students this morning reported their lights didn't come back on till just after midnight. CNN is reporting some people may have been without electricity till early this afternoon. One student said she was in a four-hour traffic jam yesterday, and had her car vapor lock on her. A fellow teacher was stuck in the centre, but managed to get a taxi back home without too much difficulty.

So far I've had final classes with three of my groups, and will have two more tonight. They have been anti-climactic so far, which is a good thing I guess. The classes tonight are (to be perfectly honest) the last two I really care about. Friday is a teenage group I share with another teacher, and Saturday is the business class I only teach every other week, so I can't say I'll miss either of them all that much. Is that bad?

Oh and, Carrie Underwood, congratulations. Personally I was rooting for Vonzell, but I'll admit you deserve the prize. And anyway, Vonzell's daddy love was getting a little bit creepy.

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment