Sorry for the long silence. You know, I've been writing blog entries in my head all this time, pretty much whenever something happens. I guess that doesn't do much good unless I take the next logical step and actually you know, WRITE IT DOWN.
Well, this I just have to write. Just now some men in suits came into our school office and gave the vice-principal a gold pig. Ok, as a foreigner you see things everyday that seem odd. Sometimes you choose to ask, and sometimes you let it go. Men in suits with a gold pig wasn't something I was gonna let slide, so I asked. The Vice-principal explained that money in Korean is 돈(pronounced like "doan." Gold pig in Chinese is pronounced the same, so it's a little play on words you see. It's a little gold piggy bank see, and the men in suits are from a bank. So it's a little kind of promotion, which is very clever I think. The VP told the guys to give me a pig too, so I have my very own gold pig now. Love it.
Well, this I just have to write. Just now some men in suits came into our school office and gave the vice-principal a gold pig. Ok, as a foreigner you see things everyday that seem odd. Sometimes you choose to ask, and sometimes you let it go. Men in suits with a gold pig wasn't something I was gonna let slide, so I asked. The Vice-principal explained that money in Korean is 돈(pronounced like "doan." Gold pig in Chinese is pronounced the same, so it's a little play on words you see. It's a little gold piggy bank see, and the men in suits are from a bank. So it's a little kind of promotion, which is very clever I think. The VP told the guys to give me a pig too, so I have my very own gold pig now. Love it.

0 Responses to “”
Post a Comment