So it looks like today will be my last day temping, at least for a while. We had a bunch of letters to get out so we worked on them like mad thinking we had to fold and stuff like 3000 letters. It turned out there were only about 1500 letters covering something like 3800 ATM machines. So we knocked them out pretty quick and now we're all back to surfing, playing games and well, this. I'll hang out till four, but there ain't no way I'm coming in tomorrow.

Yes, my attitude has gotten worse as the weeks have worn on, but you know what? I don't care. While, this company probably isn't as evil as I think, it is at the same time actually evil, in subtle, insipid ways, but evil nonetheless. If I enumerate all the ways they are evil and the evil things they do, it will look not so much like I'm suffering at the hands of evil, but that I'm just a really whiney employee. So, you're just going to have to take my word for it. Trust me, they're bad news.

Among other things that have gone on in the past week. Mr. Lee reports my visa sponsorship letter should be in the mail as I type this. There's a chance it could arrive tomorrow or possibly Saturday, but I suppose Monday or Tuesday is a much safer bet. Panicking will commence at about 2pm Tuesday if I haven't gotten it by then. A week from today I'll leave Portland and go back to San Francisco for a couple of days. Friday I'll spend doing visa stuff at the Korean Consulate, and maybe doing you know, San Francisco stuff. Saturday is a free day, and then Sunday at 2:50pm I'm on KE024 bound for Seoul. Can't believe the vacay is winding down.

Had a really good time with Ryan the other night. We went to Huber's for his birthday. I like Huber's. It's like having Thanksgiving dinner in August. They also had a brownie sundae that left me weak in the knees.

After dinner we hit our usual spot, Scandals. Over Mike's Hard Lemondade (Him) and Coke (me), we had a very nice sort of where-we've-been-and-where-we-are-now conversation. Our friendship has not always been an easy one, but overall I'm still pretty glad he's in my life.

Ok, enough sappiness. This sitting here at work is bullshit. I think I'm going to be getting outta here pretty quick. Never mind what I said before about hanging out until four. T'aint gonna happen.

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment