Portland!

I realize the updates aren't coming so fast & furious these days. But it's not as if anyone would have noticed anyway. Portland is fantastic and I'm so happy to be back here, if only for a few weeks. I got in on Tuesday. Once the initial lift of being back here wore off I started getting kind of panicky and depressed. I don't know what all that was about but I pretty much just needed to get over myself, which I did. I've been staying with Matt & Cyndy & Chloe and that has been great, but today I moved into a room I'm going to sublet while I'm here. I love my friends, but I just couldn't freeload off them for almost two whole months. Besides, Chloe can get a little intense sometimes.

So this afternoon I met Bobby, my new temporary roommate. He seems really nice and open and relaxed, and has generally good energy. I'm sure living there will be good.

Oh and I finished my book last night. See, I got The Wind-up Bird Chronicle by Murakami when I was in Moscow. I began reading it at Coffeemania just before the beginning of my trip to St Pete's and Estonia. I continued reading on the train, on the ferry to Helsinki, on the flight to San Francisco, on the flight to Phoenix, and on the flight to Portland. So I've taken this book and this story half-way around the world with me, and now I'm done. Kinda cool huh?

Actually my life seems to be working out a little like this book at the moment. There are all kinds of strange coincidences, like Matt & Cyndy bought the house right next door to a house where I lived for a while back in 1999-2000, and Bobby works at a cafe where my old rommate Allison used to work. These different sort of random people seem to be getting put into my life at different times. Each one brings new knowledge and new energy to me. I may be making too much of this, but it does seems like I'm on some sort of journey of self-discovery here. Or maybe not. I guess that's really up to me isn't it?

Pictures to come......

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment