Here's another one for the Bright Ideas section. Over the past few days I've discovered podcasting. As usual with this sort of thing, I'm not an earlier adopter, but not exactly a latecomer either. Mostly the podcasts I like are actually radio broadasts that have been made available for download through RSS subscription. There are plenty of amateur casts out there though, and some audioblogs even. Naturally I was curious to see if there are any Korea related podcasts out there, and I couldn't really find anything, but did find Soju after the movie. It's apparantly just what it says it is. A bunch of people go out and see a movie then talk about it over drinks and give their soju enhanced take on it. I sort of liked that idea. So sometime yesterday I cooked up a big idea of my own: I'm thinking about doing a podcast aimed at the ex-pat community in Korea. There, whaddya think?

More details maybe? Ok. As one example, I (and possibly a co-host?) start with a bit of theme music, then spend the first few minutes talking about my week and sort of what's going on generally. Next is a quick update of news from Korea and internationally that is likely to affect foreigners residing in Korea. In the next segment there's a guest like a writer or artist for example. There could be a regular feature from a 'reporter' about culture, arts and entertainment in the capital, and then finally we bring in a musical guest which could be either korean or foreign. The podcast would air once a week and would be about an hour long, or perhaps a little shorter. Alternatively, a 30 minute cast with only one guest and one extra segment seems a lot more doable.

So that's my idea. I have more thoughts about this, but I actually have to get going now. More later maybe....

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment