What I did today
This morning was my bi-weekly Saturday Business English lesson. I prepared for all of like 15 minutes late last night, and it showed. Luckily this is a good group so we basically just talked about stuff. Either I'm getting good, or I'm getting lazy. Either way, my lack of preparedness sort of forces the students to do more work, so I guess it's a good thing.
Last night, when I should have been preparing my lesson, I worked on my application for the Seoul teaching position. During the day I asked my old boss in Korea to send a reference letter, and he responded within like two hours. Chances are he copied at least part of the letter from something he had written previously, but I'm sure part was really about me as well. He said some really nice things about me, so I really appreciated it. Now if I could only get my current boss to complete the letter I asked her to write...
I'm up to Unit one, lesson six in my Korean studies, though to be fair, all of lesson five and half of lesson six was all about numbers, and I already know those. Tonight I'm going through the lessons again to try and catch some things I might have missed, or have forgotten already. So far I've learned, to walk, to run, to jump, to dance, to run away, to race (I think) to swim and to read. I've learned the prepositions on, under and inside, plus a whole bunch of nouns. I suppose I could write this whole list with the Korean translations, but remember what I said above about being lazy?
My apartment is disgusting. Most of the week I kept it orderly, but it always falls apart toward Thursday or Friday.
Bright ideas I've had
Should I try to go to St. Peterburg next weekend? Should I try to go to Tallin or Helsinki at all? What do you think?
Labels: EFL teaching, The life of Brian

0 Responses to “”
Post a Comment