The semester is most definitely winding down. The third graders took their exams a few weeks ago and they have already mentally checked out for the duration. First and second grade have their exams next week. I had assumed I would teach only third grad next week, but I've just found out I won't actually have any classes at all from Monday through Thursday. I'll still have to come into the office however. Luckily I have enough catch-up work to do so I won't be totally bored. I have to update the portfolio I've been keeping of my lesson plans and materials, and I can also use the time to prepare for winter camp. If I can get a big chunk of that planned beforehand, my life will be considerably easier during January. If there's any time leftover I can do some editing work on my novel. On top of that, I also have stepwork to do, but I hope to be finished with that by this weekend.
January. Vacation is coming. I'm still planning on going to Moscow for my winter vacation, but I won't know for a couple more weeks if I can buy a ticket. It's all very complicated. I still think I'm crazy for wanting to go to Moscow in January, but I do miss it, more than I thought I would. But I also love what I'm doing here, so there's all kinds of trade-offs.
I have no special plans for Christmas, but I really want to be somewhere cool on New Year's Eve. Last year I was in Red Square. I'll never top that, in my whole life probably, but I want to be somewhere sort of special, to sort of put a nice bookend on this year.
2005. Oh my god, what a year. More on that another time.
January. Vacation is coming. I'm still planning on going to Moscow for my winter vacation, but I won't know for a couple more weeks if I can buy a ticket. It's all very complicated. I still think I'm crazy for wanting to go to Moscow in January, but I do miss it, more than I thought I would. But I also love what I'm doing here, so there's all kinds of trade-offs.
I have no special plans for Christmas, but I really want to be somewhere cool on New Year's Eve. Last year I was in Red Square. I'll never top that, in my whole life probably, but I want to be somewhere sort of special, to sort of put a nice bookend on this year.
2005. Oh my god, what a year. More on that another time.

0 Responses to “”
Post a Comment