Today when I went to teach my after-school class, only one student was there, and even she said she would have to leave early, so I just let her go. On the one hand, I can't say I blame them. They had exams this week and it's the end of the semester and it's Friday, so they're all burned out. On the other hand though, it's disappointing that they don't take this more seriously. I was really looking forward to this class in the beginning, and now that it's almost finished, I all but hate it. Out of fifteen students registered, I'm lucky if seven show up for any given class.
After the student left I stayed in my classroom and attempted to clean up a little bit. The room is filthy. Cleaning it is a futile cause, but I try to do it anyway. So much of what I try to do here feels like pushing against the ocean, an analogy I've used before but it's so appropriate.
So, not my most positive teacher attitude day.
Then again, today I sent in my application for USQ's Masters in Applied Linguistics program, so there's that. I have no idea when they'll get back to me with their answer, but hopefully soon.
After the student left I stayed in my classroom and attempted to clean up a little bit. The room is filthy. Cleaning it is a futile cause, but I try to do it anyway. So much of what I try to do here feels like pushing against the ocean, an analogy I've used before but it's so appropriate.
So, not my most positive teacher attitude day.
Then again, today I sent in my application for USQ's Masters in Applied Linguistics program, so there's that. I have no idea when they'll get back to me with their answer, but hopefully soon.

0 Responses to “”
Post a Comment