To add a little more information to what I wrote about yesterday; I seem to react to sugar the same way I react to alcohol. That is, eating sugar triggers something in my brain and in my body that causes me to crave more sugar. If I don’t eat any sugar, I almost certainly won’t overeat other kinds of food either. If I do eat sugar, I’m off to the races.
Yesterday and this morning were hard, but I’m feeling better now. I’ve never gone without sugar long-term before, so I have no idea what it will be like further down the road, or even a few days from now. Do I plan to never eat sugar again? Certainly not, but sparingly is what I’m aiming for. Not moderately, mind you, but sparingly.
***
Still doing the Spring lesson this week. The following exchange happened in one class this morning:
Teacher: A farmer sows seeds.
Student: Sausage?
I guess you have to know something about how Koreans pronounce English words for that to be funny.
***
I’m thinking about changing the template of The BoB. Here’s an example of the one I’m considering. To tell the truth, I’ve never really liked the template I’ve been using. It was one of the Blogger defaults, and I just chose this one because I couldn’t find anything I liked better. I did use another one for a while, but it had all kinds of problems that I couldn’t make right. If anyone has comments on my proposed change, I’d be more than happy to hear them. I may investigate some other templates as well and post links to the candidates here.
Yesterday and this morning were hard, but I’m feeling better now. I’ve never gone without sugar long-term before, so I have no idea what it will be like further down the road, or even a few days from now. Do I plan to never eat sugar again? Certainly not, but sparingly is what I’m aiming for. Not moderately, mind you, but sparingly.
***
Still doing the Spring lesson this week. The following exchange happened in one class this morning:
Teacher: A farmer sows seeds.
Student: Sausage?
I guess you have to know something about how Koreans pronounce English words for that to be funny.
***
I’m thinking about changing the template of The BoB. Here’s an example of the one I’m considering. To tell the truth, I’ve never really liked the template I’ve been using. It was one of the Blogger defaults, and I just chose this one because I couldn’t find anything I liked better. I did use another one for a while, but it had all kinds of problems that I couldn’t make right. If anyone has comments on my proposed change, I’d be more than happy to hear them. I may investigate some other templates as well and post links to the candidates here.

0 Responses to “Don't call me, sugar.”
Post a Comment