Nothing much happened today, which on the one hand—Finally! On the other hand, it doesn’t leave much to write about.
The district supervisor is coming next Tuesday to observe my class. It’s my official evaluation for contract renewal purposes. It’s not a big deal. You’d have to be pretty bad not to be offered renewal. The superstitious part of me believes I shouldn’t have just said that. And yes, I am planning to renew. For a short time I was having doubts, but it was really just a momentary hiccup. There may be jobs in this country with a different set of advantages and disadvantages, but I think on balance there aren’t really any that are better enough (and that I’m qualified for) to sway me.
Also today, I set a goal to not consume any sugar in the form of beverages, i.e. no sugar in my coffee and no sugary soda or other drinks. “Drinking” calories is one of my biggest problems. I’m pleased to say I’ve done well so far, and I’m going to bed soon so I guess I did it. It has to be said, if I hadn’t done it, I probably wouldn’t have even mentioned it. I actually avoided sugar today almost entirely, and had far less caffeine than normal although that was probably a mistake. I fully expect to wake up tomorrow with a pounding headache.
The district supervisor is coming next Tuesday to observe my class. It’s my official evaluation for contract renewal purposes. It’s not a big deal. You’d have to be pretty bad not to be offered renewal. The superstitious part of me believes I shouldn’t have just said that. And yes, I am planning to renew. For a short time I was having doubts, but it was really just a momentary hiccup. There may be jobs in this country with a different set of advantages and disadvantages, but I think on balance there aren’t really any that are better enough (and that I’m qualified for) to sway me.
Also today, I set a goal to not consume any sugar in the form of beverages, i.e. no sugar in my coffee and no sugary soda or other drinks. “Drinking” calories is one of my biggest problems. I’m pleased to say I’ve done well so far, and I’m going to bed soon so I guess I did it. It has to be said, if I hadn’t done it, I probably wouldn’t have even mentioned it. I actually avoided sugar today almost entirely, and had far less caffeine than normal although that was probably a mistake. I fully expect to wake up tomorrow with a pounding headache.

0 Responses to “Slow day”
Post a Comment