Philadelphia freedom (after you pass through the metal detectors)

After the weekend in New York, my friend and I hopped a bus to Philadelphia, where he lives. Philly is less than two hours from New York, but it has quite a different feel to it. The feel of Philly is more downtown than uptown. I mean that in a good way.

The problem here is Philadelphia has no famous sights to speak of. It isn’t known for anything. The food doesn’t have any particular reputation.


...You know I’m totally kidding of course. What else does one do in Philadelphia except see the Liberty Bell, Liberty hall, and eat a Philly cheese steak sandwich (and if you’re a fan of a certain movie, run up the steps of the art museum while humming “Gonna fly now” to yourself”)?


Independence Hall

The Pennsylvania State House, AKA Independence Hall, in downtown Philadelphia




Liberty Hall-assembly hall

The room where the Declaration of Indepencence and the U.S. Constitution were signed. The room is much, much smaller than I’d always imagined it to be.




Tourists at Liberty Bell

The “Liberty Bell.” The bell itself was interesting enough as bells go, but I found myself much more intrigued by watching the tourists angling to get pictures of themselves and each other with one of the world’s most famous bells.

0 Responses to “Philadelphia freedom (after you pass through the metal detectors)”

Post a Comment