Phoenix: Where's the rest of me?

My Internet access will be somewhat limited for the next few days, but I’ll try to update as much as I can.  

I got into Phoenix last night as planned, but I guess my luggage enjoyed San Francisco so much it decided to stay awhile.  You know, this is the third time for me that a piece of luggage has gotten ahem sidetracked between the United States and Asia, and every single time the problem has occurred on the U.S. side of the equation.  I’m just saying is all.  

As if that weren’t enough, while I waited in vain for my suitcase to appear on the baggage carrousel, there was also no sign of my parents. For a while I was afraid US Air had lost them too.  Eventually we all found each other, and my bag even showed up this morning.  (We had to go back to the airport to get it.) Since I had no clothes though, we had to make an emergency trip to Target last night to get a few things.  I didn’t mind so much since I’d been planning to buy a lot of new clothes on this trip anyway, just no so soon.  I have to say though, I was able to go down a size in both pants and shirts, and I don’t mean that I was able to squeeze into the next smaller size, but that I could put them on and feel roomy and comfortable.  So that elevated my mood you could say.  

Also, I have only had two cigarettes since I left Korea, both during my transfer at the San Francisco airport.  After I leave my parents’ in a few days, I don’t know what I’ll do.  For now though it feels ok.  I’m using both patches and gum.  Otherwise I’d be climbing the walls.  

1 Responses to “Phoenix: Where's the rest of me?”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Good on you about the clothing and the smokes! 'atta boy!!

    Are you enjoying the heat? It hit 120 here!

    ray  

Post a Comment