The camp bus left me at Sports Complex subway station this afternoon, the same place where it all began three weeks ago. I have to confess, when it was all finally over, I found myself with a little lump in my throat. You spend more or less three solid weeks with the same 200 or so people, and then when it's over it's just over. Poof.
Right now it's coming up on midnight and I really need to be packing for my flight tomorrow, but instead I find myself looking over camp pictures again. I can't resist posting just a few more pictures that I took at last night's talent show. My class did their "Little Mermaid" numer, which was cute. I was proud of them.
My old class also did a better job than in the last show. They had a teacher this time who took the lead and gave them some direction. The class did "Yello Submarine" this time. Like I said, it was much better, but they were still kind of quiet, shy and motionless, which actually made me feel a little bit better in an odd way. Guess they're just like that.
Probably the real stars of the show however, were these kids from another class who did a breakdance routine. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the kid in the center learned how to do this before last Monday.
I'm still getting used to my camera, and I don't really know what I'm doing. These pictures came out dreadfully underexposed so I tried to correct them with some photo editing software. The results are kind of mediocre, but the kids themselves are pretty cool don't you think?
Right now it's coming up on midnight and I really need to be packing for my flight tomorrow, but instead I find myself looking over camp pictures again. I can't resist posting just a few more pictures that I took at last night's talent show. My class did their "Little Mermaid" numer, which was cute. I was proud of them.
My old class also did a better job than in the last show. They had a teacher this time who took the lead and gave them some direction. The class did "Yello Submarine" this time. Like I said, it was much better, but they were still kind of quiet, shy and motionless, which actually made me feel a little bit better in an odd way. Guess they're just like that.
Probably the real stars of the show however, were these kids from another class who did a breakdance routine. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the kid in the center learned how to do this before last Monday.
I'm still getting used to my camera, and I don't really know what I'm doing. These pictures came out dreadfully underexposed so I tried to correct them with some photo editing software. The results are kind of mediocre, but the kids themselves are pretty cool don't you think?







0 Responses to “Summer camp redux”
Post a Comment