Summer Camp: Day 2, The Arrival

Not too much happened today campwise. The kids arrived today and we had yet another round of meetings more or less repeating the same information from yesterday's meetings. The actual teaching part begins tomorrow. Here's a few photos I snapped today.



hoyeon hall

This is Ho-yeon Hall at Korea University Jochiwon campus, where the camp is being held. It's really quite a lovely campus in a pleasant enough setting. Were I to spend an entire year here, I think I'd get a bit stir crazy, but as a temporary retreat from the megalopolis that is Seoul, it'll do nicely, thank you.




getting ready

A teacher from the district preparing for the students' imminent arrival.




waiting

Camp T-shirts, name tags and keys all laid out in rows.




the arrival

Here they come.




happy to be here

For this camper, things can only get better.

2 Responses to “Summer Camp: Day 2, The Arrival”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I love the picture of the shirts, keys and name tags lined up. It makes me jealous, because I am working at an ESL summer camp here in Canada, and so far we have had two arrival dates where heaps of campers arrived, and not only were there not neat rows of keys and nametags waiting for them, but last time some of them had to wait for 7 hours to get room keys at all. This was because there weren't actually enough rooms for all of them, until some of the other counsellors and I cleaned some for them, so they could finally go to bed after flying here all the way from Korea, and waiting and waiting and waiting. Crazy. So yeah, I'm jealous of your camp's apparent organization.

    On the plus side, most of my current campers are from Korea, they are cute and fun and eager, and I get to do fun things with them since I'm a counsellor and not a teacher.

    But I'm so jealous of your neat rows of nametags and keys.

    jessica
    :)  

  2. # Blogger Brian

    Wow, that puts it into perspective...

    On the other hand, they are running a right ship, but I swear they'd have the kids marching in lockstep if they thought they could get away with it. Shh...I'd better not say that too loudly.  

Post a Comment