It's always something

Over the weekend I did a lot of thinking about air-conditioning.  Yesterday I made a point of not mentioning it at school.  This morning however, I came to work prepared to have a talk. The repairman was scheduled to come back this afternoon, have a closer look at the problem, and tell what was wrong and how much it would cost to fix. Then, the school, the building owner and I were supposed to hash out who was responsible for the repair.  Once that was settled, then we were to call the repair man yet again and schedule another time to get him back out to actually fix it.  

I finally decided I didn’t want any part of that, so I told my colleague who has been acting as my liaison with the school, my apartment, and LG that getting my air-conditioner fixed in a timely manner was far more important than worrying about who should pay.  She tried to discourage me from giving up the fight, so I explained a little of what I wrote about over the weekend, about how I decided getting the air-conditioning fixed is more important than saving money or being right in this situation.  My colleague thought maybe they could work something out where the guy could do the repair and then send a bill after the fact.  I said that would be fine, but it didn’t matter so much, only that we get the repair done, and I was perfectly willing to pay if necessary.

After that I went outside for a while, feeling all kinds of humble and thankful for being able to get through the situation without being left with lasting resentments toward multiple parties.

Less than 20 minutes later, the repairman called my co-worker and said he was too busy today, and would it be alright if he came tomorrow instead?  

God, grant me the serenity………..


1 Responses to “It's always something”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    That's just awful! I hope that the air conditioning gets repaired before long, especially before the real heat starts when the rain goes away.  

Post a Comment