The Blog of Brian has had an amazing 34 visits so far this week. Ok, it’s no Yahoo!, MySpace, or 新浪新闻中心, but for me, wow. My Technorati ranking, by the way, is 1,385,061. Apparently, your rank improves when other blogs link to yours…I’m just putting that out there is all.
If you’re still with me now that my naked ambition has been exposed, I can report that I’m up to 408 unique visits since I installed a counter a few months back. At this rate BoB will see its 500th visit in about two weeks. I should give a prize, like iTunes does when they hit a major milestone. How ‘bout if I just give the lucky bleader a personal shout out?
I’m not sure if y’all are aware of this, but I’m able to get all kinds of Big Brother type information about you. When I put the Sitemeter tool on my blog page, I was just curious to know how many hits I was getting. Remember back in the day, when you’d see a simple odometer type counter on a website? and it just went up one click for every page view? I thought it’d be like that. Instead I get really detailed reports that tell me where you are, what time you visited, how many pages you viewed, and whether clicked on a link and stuff. It even tells what operating system and browser you’re using. I can also see the first three parts of your IP address. The last part is sent in an e-mail directly to Dick Cheney. It’s a little creepy, even for me, and I’m the one who put it there.
A comment about comments: I know a few of my bleaders have tried to post comments and have been unable to because it will only accept comments from registered Blogger users. I think I did that because anonymous comments freak me out a little. I will go ahead and turn anonymous comments back on. Just be nice, ok?
If you’re still with me now that my naked ambition has been exposed, I can report that I’m up to 408 unique visits since I installed a counter a few months back. At this rate BoB will see its 500th visit in about two weeks. I should give a prize, like iTunes does when they hit a major milestone. How ‘bout if I just give the lucky bleader a personal shout out?
I’m not sure if y’all are aware of this, but I’m able to get all kinds of Big Brother type information about you. When I put the Sitemeter tool on my blog page, I was just curious to know how many hits I was getting. Remember back in the day, when you’d see a simple odometer type counter on a website? and it just went up one click for every page view? I thought it’d be like that. Instead I get really detailed reports that tell me where you are, what time you visited, how many pages you viewed, and whether clicked on a link and stuff. It even tells what operating system and browser you’re using. I can also see the first three parts of your IP address. The last part is sent in an e-mail directly to Dick Cheney. It’s a little creepy, even for me, and I’m the one who put it there.
A comment about comments: I know a few of my bleaders have tried to post comments and have been unable to because it will only accept comments from registered Blogger users. I think I did that because anonymous comments freak me out a little. I will go ahead and turn anonymous comments back on. Just be nice, ok?

I just think this is outrageous that you would allow anonymous people like myself to comment on your blog. I would never belong to a blog that would have me as a member. Nor would I ever comment in a comment box that would allow me to comment in it. In fact, I have a good mind to eras
As another anonymous reader, I would like to comment on the shameful previous anonymous reader's comment. Obviously, he or she has incredibly low self esteem. He wouldn't belong to a blog that would have him as a member -- indeed. Not only is that comment indicative of serious self-loathing, but it is obviously stealling a joke from Wood Allen. Furthermore, it is not even commenting on the content of Brian's Blog. What kind of reader would do that?
May I point out that I did not "steal" a line from Woody Allen, but was actually making a witty homage to that line? Also, do you realize that you mispelled the word "stealing" in your post? You put too "L"s in the word instead of one. If your going to leave anonymous posts, at least have the courtesy to use a spell checker!
My Dear Outrageous,
First of all, I did not mispell "stealing;" it was merely a typo. And look at your own post. You have two spelling errors in the very post that you complain about my single error. And once again, I'd like to point out that we are not commenting on Brian's thoughts. Brian: sorry for this shameful display of anonymous commentary. Obviously, we cannot control ourselves. Is there an Anonymous Commenters program that you could recommend for the other anonymous commenter (not me, because I did in fact make a statement -- actually two -- about commenting on your comments and not those of other, less responsible commentors)?