Hellbound by way of Phoenix

Sigh!  

I am surely going to Hell.  I just told my school about my change in vacation plans for the summer.  I told them I had talked to my parents over the weekend and I decided I needed to go home because I was worried about my father’s health.  It’s true that my father’s health is poor, and I am worried about it, but that’s not why I want to change my plans.  Also, the part about calling home was a total fabrication.  I’ve sold my soul for a trip to Target basically.

See, as a wise person told me (that’s you, Ray), family is the silver bullet excuse for just about anything in these parts, and well, it seems to be true.  But I’m still Hell-bound most likely, if not for this then certainly for other things.  

In a general updatey kind of way, I made a reservation with Korean air yesterday.  Tentatively I’ll fly from Incheon to Phoenix on August 12th via San Francisco, and eventually return to Seoul on September 3rd.  In between, I will see family (but no more than absolutely necessary), visit with some close friends and do lots and lots of shopping.  

0 Responses to “Hellbound by way of Phoenix”

Post a Comment