I'm not paranoid. It's just that everyone is out to get me.
1 Comments Published by Brian on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 at 4:20 PM.
At lunch today I found metal shavings in my vegetables. There can be only one explanation: The lunch lady is trying to kill me.
***
I just had some good news. The grade from my first assignment finally came back. My mark was 22 out of 25, so in other words I have a B+ so far, which means maybe I won’t completely fuck up the course after all.
Yesterday at about 4:00 I submitted my second assignment. I don’t know. It feels pretty weak. I’m just afraid I might have missed the point of the whole task. The paper was supposed to be about how language changes. I wrote about language death and revitalization, which was fascinating, but I dealt only with sociological factors and didn’t really touch on linguistics. I wrote about why languages die, but forgot to tell how. By the time I had that realization it was kind of too late to change without basically starting over from scratch, so I just kept writing. Besides that the paper, like its author, is a disorganized mess. Well, here’s hoping it won’t take so long to get my second assignment’s grade returned. It will be nice to know how badly I suck as a linguist, instead of just guessing.
***
I just had some good news. The grade from my first assignment finally came back. My mark was 22 out of 25, so in other words I have a B+ so far, which means maybe I won’t completely fuck up the course after all.
Yesterday at about 4:00 I submitted my second assignment. I don’t know. It feels pretty weak. I’m just afraid I might have missed the point of the whole task. The paper was supposed to be about how language changes. I wrote about language death and revitalization, which was fascinating, but I dealt only with sociological factors and didn’t really touch on linguistics. I wrote about why languages die, but forgot to tell how. By the time I had that realization it was kind of too late to change without basically starting over from scratch, so I just kept writing. Besides that the paper, like its author, is a disorganized mess. Well, here’s hoping it won’t take so long to get my second assignment’s grade returned. It will be nice to know how badly I suck as a linguist, instead of just guessing.

Does this mean that there is no chance that you will become a cunning linguist?
ray