I hope he won’t mind the publicity, but my mate Greg has started his own blog about his life in Thailand. You can read his musings on the World Cup, on the king’s anniversary and Thai patriotism, and also debunking some popular myths about the Land of Smiles. He turns a clever phrase, although he would never tell you that.
***
Here in Korea, everywhere I go I’m seeing red. It’s not from anger (for a change), it’s because of the World Cup. Korea plays Togo on Tuesday, and then they go up against France next Sunday. I’m officially predicting Korea will beat Togo, but lose to France. Switzerland could go either way I guess.
Here it’s about like I thought it would be. Everyone is excited about Korea playing in the World Cup, especially since they get to relive the glory days of when it was held here last time, but if you ask them about any other teams, they are clueless. They aren’t football fans, they are Korea fans.
In typical American fashion, I couldn’t care less about how the American team does in the World Cup. Although to be fair, I don’t care about American sports either. I did buy a cheap red wristband however which I will wear to class on Tuesday. My students will like that.
Today I have an interview (for the job I already have. Hrmph!) at the central Office of Education. At least it means I don’t have any classes today. So that’s something. Anyway, I have to go now because I have to iron a shirt.
***
Here in Korea, everywhere I go I’m seeing red. It’s not from anger (for a change), it’s because of the World Cup. Korea plays Togo on Tuesday, and then they go up against France next Sunday. I’m officially predicting Korea will beat Togo, but lose to France. Switzerland could go either way I guess.
Here it’s about like I thought it would be. Everyone is excited about Korea playing in the World Cup, especially since they get to relive the glory days of when it was held here last time, but if you ask them about any other teams, they are clueless. They aren’t football fans, they are Korea fans.
In typical American fashion, I couldn’t care less about how the American team does in the World Cup. Although to be fair, I don’t care about American sports either. I did buy a cheap red wristband however which I will wear to class on Tuesday. My students will like that.
Today I have an interview (for the job I already have. Hrmph!) at the central Office of Education. At least it means I don’t have any classes today. So that’s something. Anyway, I have to go now because I have to iron a shirt.

0 Responses to “olé! olé! olé!”
Post a Comment