Chris and I saw X-men 3 at the Nowon Lotte Cinema near my apartment. It was kind of like a big holiday dinner with your family. The faces are all familiar, and it starts off pleasantly enough, but soon becomes a chore as you work your way through course after course, and they just keep putting more on your plate. Then just when you think you can’t eat another bite, out comes the blueberry pie. Kind of like that.
The movie itself was…it was a summer movie. What more can I say? The bridge thing was kind of ridiculous (I read a really snarky review somewhere I was going to link to, but can’t remember where I saw it), and then the movie kind of turned into a Cher music video toward the end. My favorite part though was a very minor character, the assistant to the doctor who was the father of the bird guy. Her name is Shohreh Aghdashloo and she’s awesome. She played the part of Dina Araz, aka “Terror Mom”, on season four of 24. I didn’t recognize her at first, but her deep, smoky, sexy voice is unmistakable. Unfortunately she ended up getting killed by a human blowfish. Typical.
The movie itself was…it was a summer movie. What more can I say? The bridge thing was kind of ridiculous (I read a really snarky review somewhere I was going to link to, but can’t remember where I saw it), and then the movie kind of turned into a Cher music video toward the end. My favorite part though was a very minor character, the assistant to the doctor who was the father of the bird guy. Her name is Shohreh Aghdashloo and she’s awesome. She played the part of Dina Araz, aka “Terror Mom”, on season four of 24. I didn’t recognize her at first, but her deep, smoky, sexy voice is unmistakable. Unfortunately she ended up getting killed by a human blowfish. Typical.

0 Responses to “X-"meh"”
Post a Comment