It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it (and that's what get's results!)
0 Comments Published by Brian on Monday, July 03, 2006 at 11:59 AM.
It’s not official, but over the weekend I found out my final grade for the course I took. I got a B. Actually, my final grade for the class was almost exactly the same as for the second assignment. I was very happy, for about five minutes. Then, I thought about how hard I worked and how much I had to struggle…for a B.
I guess I’ll skip the whole mental process I went through…you know how it works I guess. Anyway, I finally came around to the realization that I had a lot going on this semester, not to mention the fact that eighteen months ago I didn’t have my shit together enough to get in to a grad program, much less to complete even one course. Just being on the road is a small miracle, so yeah, I’ll take a B.
***
Also, I lost 1.6 kilograms this week (that’s 3 ½ pounds). That’s actually too much. My doctor is unhappy if I lose more than one kilo in a week. As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree. I was feeling kind of light-headed and weak toward the end of the week.
I don’t know how I managed it. I mean, last Sunday I ate French toast for breakfast. On Monday I ate a pint of chocolate ice cream (I told such a lie to myself. “I’m going to buy this ice cream, and just have a little each day as a reward.” Yeah right.). On Tuesday I ate a big, nasty cheeseburger at a certain restaurant where the waiters have funny hats and 15 pieces of flair, and on and on and on. I’m just saying, South Beach it ain’t.
So my doctor asked me why I thought I lost so much weight. I thought it might be because Korea is a frickin sauna right now, or because of the new medication the doctor has put me on. He disagreed with me. It’s still too early, he says. I’m not even at full dosage. (Did I mention that? Remind me later, k?) He held up my weekly food diary and pointed out that my eating patters are becoming more regular, also that (with a few exceptions) I have stopped eating just before going to sleep. I guess that has made the most difference. Although, I still think the “sauna” effect has a lot to be said for it.
I guess I’ll skip the whole mental process I went through…you know how it works I guess. Anyway, I finally came around to the realization that I had a lot going on this semester, not to mention the fact that eighteen months ago I didn’t have my shit together enough to get in to a grad program, much less to complete even one course. Just being on the road is a small miracle, so yeah, I’ll take a B.
***
Also, I lost 1.6 kilograms this week (that’s 3 ½ pounds). That’s actually too much. My doctor is unhappy if I lose more than one kilo in a week. As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree. I was feeling kind of light-headed and weak toward the end of the week.
I don’t know how I managed it. I mean, last Sunday I ate French toast for breakfast. On Monday I ate a pint of chocolate ice cream (I told such a lie to myself. “I’m going to buy this ice cream, and just have a little each day as a reward.” Yeah right.). On Tuesday I ate a big, nasty cheeseburger at a certain restaurant where the waiters have funny hats and 15 pieces of flair, and on and on and on. I’m just saying, South Beach it ain’t.
So my doctor asked me why I thought I lost so much weight. I thought it might be because Korea is a frickin sauna right now, or because of the new medication the doctor has put me on. He disagreed with me. It’s still too early, he says. I’m not even at full dosage. (Did I mention that? Remind me later, k?) He held up my weekly food diary and pointed out that my eating patters are becoming more regular, also that (with a few exceptions) I have stopped eating just before going to sleep. I guess that has made the most difference. Although, I still think the “sauna” effect has a lot to be said for it.

0 Responses to “It ain't what you do, it's the way that you do it (and that's what get's results!)”
Post a Comment