The city awaits.
Most everything went according to plan yesterday while transitioning from the Arizona phase of my vacation to the northeast phase. Flyer’s dehydration continues to be a plague upon the land. If everyone is going to continue to be all persnickety about fluids on airplanes, and it appears that they are, then the airlines really need to stock extra bottles of water for passengers who need to wash down their dry turkey sandwich that they bought at the last minute in Dallas because American Airlines doesn’t serve food anymore. Charge a dollar if you want, I don’t mind. Just anything so you don’t have to wait two hours for the damn drink service. That’s all I’m saying.
The apex of summer appears to have passed in the northeast. Here at my friends’ apartment I’m looking out at a bright, clear blue sky, with just a few white, wispy clouds in the background. Actual ducks just flew past. The forecast calls for thunderstorms for most of the weekend however, so I’d better get out and enjoy the nice weather instead of sitting here describing it to you. See ya…

0 Responses to “Vacation: New York, day one”
Post a Comment