Vacation is officially over. I’m back in Korea, back in school, back at my desk. Back. What a ride. Mostly I’m happy to be back, and I feel recharged and determined to go into this semester with a good attitude. Of course, I have yet to teach any classes, so for all I know it could come crashing down within the first few minutes.
My school has given me today and tomorrow as prep days, which was pretty smart of them I have to say. Mid-terms start on the 29th, so this way it will give me exactly three weeks of instruction before then. The schedule will stay all nice and neat without any loose threads hanging around.
I arrived on campus this morning to find the fence around the school yard had been torn out. A teacher informed me it is to be replaced with shrubbery and things as part of a beautification project. Kudos to them for that.
Also, the same teacher told me the school festival has been cancelled this year and they will use the money instead to buy new equipment for the school, especially new computers for the classroom that had the fire last June. Again, that’s really great to hear.
I don’t quite know what to think about all this. It’s like the principal got a hold of some really good weed. Like, next week maybe he’ll renounce school uniforms in favor of tie-dye t-shirts. Or maybe not.
Labels: Korean middle school.

0 Responses to “Back to the grind”
Post a Comment