Call me Ishmael...or don't...it's really up to you.

Every once in a while I like to take a break from talking about my self-indulgent life, and write about something cool I found whilst trolling the series of tubes.

The other day I learned about a website called Daily Lit. How it works is you choose a book you want to read, and they will send a snippet of it by e-mail each day until you've read the whole thing. I signed up to read Moby Dick, which, maybe I should have started with something less ambitious, but this is one of those books I've always "meant" to read, and so this is probably the least painful way to do it. Even so, if I only read one chunk each day it will take 252 days before Ahab finishes chasing that damn whale. Fortunately there is an option to force immediate delivery of the next chunk, so I will read more on weekends, and it will "only" take me six months to finish. Think I'll stick with it that long? Yeah, me neither. But it'll be fun to try.

After this, maybe I'll tackle War and Peace, at a whopping 675 parts. Yikes

Labels:

1 Responses to “Call me Ishmael...or don't...it's really up to you.”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Thanks for the tip. This may be the best way for me to tackle a few of the novels that slipped by. I read Moby Dick and it was awesome, though perhaps, could have used a twentieth century editor. I'll check out the site.  

Post a Comment