What I learned today

Three nights ago I put my mattress pad on the floor just as an experiment. Turns out it was just as comfortable, if not moreso, as my evil divan. So it looks like I'll be camped out on the floor for the rest of my time here.


What I did today

This afternoon I found a posting for a summer camp job in Korea. It's too soon to start making plans around it, but it did look like a pretty good deal, so I sent my resume and stuff.

I had two cups of (caffeinated)coffee yesterday and one today. I've got to cut that shit out. I didn't suffer a headache for like four days just to get myself hooked on that crap again.




Bright ideas I've had

I'm feeling a little embarrased now about getting all manic about North Korea over the weekend. My opinion hasn't changed any, nor has my determination to do something to help out. It's like my fantasies, the ones I said I would start writing here so as not to over-indulge them, remember? I get these brilliant ideas, then a couple of days later realize they were either just plain bad ideas, or they were good ideas that I will never in my life have the strength nor the will to carry out. What's best I think is to stay focused on the core idea, and let the periphery go. Maintain a singularity of purpose in other words.

What all this means is I realize I'm drifting away from my original goal, which was to help North Korean refugees living in South Korea. In my mind I had myself smuggling food packages into Manchuria, or leading groups of escapees all Rambo-like through the jungle to Freedom in Laos, or wherever. yeah, like that'll ever happen!

No, I said I was going to help refugees, and that's what I'm going to do.

I'm falling asleep on my keyboard so I guess that means I should sign off.

Brian

0 Responses to “”

Post a Comment