Just because I spent the day with my feet up doesn’t mean the time was wasted however. I did hammer out a basic synopsis for this year’s Nano novel. Sorry, but I’m not willing to share it with the world at large just yet. A really cool thing happened over the weekend though. The seed of an idea for my story first came to me more than a month ago, and I kind of kicked it around in my head for a while but parts of it were problematic to me. Then on Saturday evening the thought came to me that one detail of the story should really be different, and the whole idea suddenly made a lot more sense. I know that’s kind of cryptic, and again, I’m sorry I can’t say more right now. Ok, I know how I can explain this better: You know those Sudoku puzzles that are all the rage right now? Right, well you know how you’ll be going along, filling in numbers where you can and it’s a slow a tedious process at times, but eventually you get to a point where once you fill in a certain square, you suddenly can see where the next one goes, and the next, and the next, and they all seem to cascade into place in rapid succession until the puzzle is complete? It’s kind of like that. Those moments are really cool. Electric.
The other thing I did yesterday, whether it was a waste of time, well that’s a matter of opinion. A number of my friends are doing the MySpace thing. Yesterday I finally broke down and got a MySpace profile, and ended up messing around with it for quite a while. I don’t take it too seriously I guess. It’s just for fun. Have a look if you want, post a comment, and I’ll do the same on your space.

0 Responses to “Slow Sunday”
Post a Comment