Thailand!


DSC01679
Originally uploaded by bebouchard.
I'm on day seven of my vacation. So I have spent two days at the beach, fnished one book, attended three meetings, had a total of four massages, ate two bowls of tom-yum soup, drank about 10 cans of diet coke, gotten one sunburn on my scalp, and had my heart broken by one Thai man. Oh, and I have drunk zero alcohol.

So that thing about the Thai man. Gen-ney is his name, although for all I know it could just be "Kenny" as in "Oh my god, they killed..." He is a masseur on the staff at the hotel where I stayed in Phuket. Frankly, I don't want to go into the whole thing right now. It's no big deal, really.

I heard a joke in Patong: How do you make a small fortune in Thailand?

A: Start with a big one.

So far I've kept most of my "fortune" and the bit that I've parted with has been well worth it.

I will go ahead and say that I'll finish telling about my Thailand adventures later, but you and I both know it's not likely to happen. Anyway, I'm using wi-fi at a Starbucks and I'm about to run out of time I think. so that'll have to do it.

0 Responses to “Thailand!”

Post a Comment