I love to go a wandering...

Yesterday some friends and I went hiking on Bukhansan in northern Seoul. The base of the mountain is actually very near my home, but in all the time I've lived here I haven't visited there yet. Because of the Chuseok holiday most people were busy with their families, so it was a good time to finally get out and explore some of the local scenery.

Hwagye-sa, a well known Buddhist temple, sits at the foot of the mountain, and several hiking trails take off from there. It is quite a large mountain, and I hear some of the trails are very difficult. The one we chose wasn't too bad, but there were a few tough spots. We got about two-thirds of the way up and I was ready to turn around and head back, but the others in the group kept wanting to go a little further, then just a little further, until we finally got to a peak where had a panoramic view of the city. It was hard, but I'm glad pushed me to keep going up. The view was worth it. Looking out over Seoul really brings home what a truly massive city it is; especially knowing we were seeing a relatively small portion of the total megalopolis.

Naturally, I brought my camera and took a lot of photos of the day. Here are just a few...


Temple - Bukhansan
A Buddhist temple, about halfway up the mountain.


The band
Near the top.


Panoramic view
This view looks roughly out over the part of Seoul where I live and work. Click on the picture for a much, much larger version.


le monstre
What looks like a dragon fly must have been buzzing in front of my lens when I took this photo. It makes for an amusing optical illusion.

Labels: , ,

2 Responses to “I love to go a wandering...”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    wow where was i when you guys went upto the mountain??? who cares, meh
    rad pictures anyway!!

    muhahahahahaha  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Good on you for exercising! Great pictures from the top.

    So how long are you going to wait before getting an iPod?

    I see that comments are now moderated. That is a good idea, I think.

    I can't believe that you did not like Brazil, it is a great movie. Ahead of it's time. Next you will say that you don't like Baderunner. Come over to the dark side!! You will be assimilated. Be afraid, be very afraid.

    ray  

Post a Comment