Patch me baby one more time

This morning I used the last of my supply of nicotine patches. Hoo boy, I'm not sure if I'm ready to go patchless just yet. Starting tomorrow I plan to chew two or three pieces of nicotine gum per day, and gradually taper off over the next two weeks.

I've now been smoke free for over 50 days, and have saved over $130 dollars in money I would have spent on cigarettes. I'm nearly halfway to the goal I set of using my not-smoking money to replace the ipod I trashed. I go whole days now where I hardly think about smoking. Sometimes though, it's like I forget that I don't smoke anymore. I'll come out of a restaurant and reach for a cigarette, completely unaware of what I'm doing. Then when I realize I can't get what I want, it just sucks, but only for a minute. I'm still happy I quit.

Labels:

1 Responses to “Patch me baby one more time”

  1. # Blogger Greg

    Yes you CAN and you will go patchless Brian. I know the patches help but the real battle is in the mind , and you will win. It does get easier and those habits you talkof will die out and you will be left richer, happier and stronger mate. I know, I've been there.

    Keep it up.
    Greg  

Post a Comment