It's 9:40 am on Tuesday January 31st. Believing my vacation had ended I came to school today, but there is no one else here. Odd and rediculous as it may seem, the emptiness of the teachers' room does not necessarily indicate that I was mistaken. It may in fact be true that I am supposed to be here (though how on earth they would check I'm not sure) and no one else is. Welcome to Korea.
Yesterday I wondered if I should come to work today. I wasn't sure if I should return to work on Januray 31st or on February 1st. I was going to just wait until tomorrow and play the fool if there were any questions about it, but then I found out that Patrick had to go to work today, so it seemed logical that I should too.
Actually, one other person has shown up just now. Not a teacher, but another staff member who takes care of the class schedule (badly) and other things. She doesn't speak English so I can't ask her. If no one else has come here by 10am or so I'll just go...
...Oh wait. The principal has just come in, so I spoke to him for a few minutes. He gave me official permission to leave if I had some errands to run, so I think I will do that after a while. How about this though. As long as I'm here I think I'll be a little bit responsible, and try to prepare something for next week. I do have a full schedule next week you know. Well, then again, I can't say that definitively. I will have classes from Tuesday through Friday next week, but the students will likely have other things to do, so I may not have that many classes in reality. Still, without knowing, I should be prepared to teach a full schedule. Sigh. As you may well have guessed, the uncertainties and lack of information really really get to me at times.
Yesterday I wondered if I should come to work today. I wasn't sure if I should return to work on Januray 31st or on February 1st. I was going to just wait until tomorrow and play the fool if there were any questions about it, but then I found out that Patrick had to go to work today, so it seemed logical that I should too.
Actually, one other person has shown up just now. Not a teacher, but another staff member who takes care of the class schedule (badly) and other things. She doesn't speak English so I can't ask her. If no one else has come here by 10am or so I'll just go...
...Oh wait. The principal has just come in, so I spoke to him for a few minutes. He gave me official permission to leave if I had some errands to run, so I think I will do that after a while. How about this though. As long as I'm here I think I'll be a little bit responsible, and try to prepare something for next week. I do have a full schedule next week you know. Well, then again, I can't say that definitively. I will have classes from Tuesday through Friday next week, but the students will likely have other things to do, so I may not have that many classes in reality. Still, without knowing, I should be prepared to teach a full schedule. Sigh. As you may well have guessed, the uncertainties and lack of information really really get to me at times.

0 Responses to “”
Post a Comment