Graduation Day

Today is graduation day at my school.  I assumed I would be attending the actual ceremony so I dressed up a little today (wore my Thai tie with the elephants).  The ceremony is going on now however, and all the teachers are just sitting here in the office.  Just now I went and did a little recon. The school cafeteria is packed to the gills with overflow parents and students milling about outside.  I asked Mr. Lee about it and he invited me to go in and check it out.  We stood near the entrance for a bit and some parents pushed past me in a very aggressive kind of way, so I decided then and there the graduation could go on without me, thank you very much.  

There is a possibility I’ll get to leave after lunch, but no one really knows.  They tend to make decisions about me on the fly.  The “F” factor (foreigner) always throws a kink into whatever operation is at hand.  

0 Responses to “Graduation Day”

Post a Comment