I've gotta cut loose, footloose, take off your Sunday shoes...

So I’m doing the same camp thing again that I did in January. The difference now is I’m doing it all by my lonesome, the students are exclusively from my school, and I’m so over this whole thing it’s phenomenal.

Seriously, I’ve all but ceased caring about the whole damn thing.  So much so that for the past three days I couldn’t bother myself to look at my lesson (even though half of it is stuff I didn’t teach last time) before I was, you know, actually in the room doing it. Luckily, I guess, the kids are also pretty over the idea of coming to school during vacation, so it all works out.

Even though I chose it, and therefore have no one to blame but myself, if I have to watch Footloose one more time I think I will take a bunch of pills that fuck with your heart, and put an end to the whole wretched thing.  It’s a shame really.  I wish I hadn’t seen it again.  See, when I was about 14 I thought Footloose was the coolest thing ever.  I think that’s partly because I grew up putting up with attitudes and listening to sermons about the evils of popular music, much like those portrayed in the movie (only they were Mormon sermons so they were, you know, not interesting). I also thought it was cool because it was filmed in Utah, and my sister went to college with people who had cousins who were extras.  Like, how “Six degrees of Kevin” is that? Watching it now, 22 years (like, what happened?) later, it just looks old and ridiculous.  That said, the young Kevin Bacon was pretty hot.

Camp finishes on Friday, and then I have to do the whole thing, yet again for the 8th graders next week.  Maybe we’ll just watch the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy and all the Harry Potter movies so far.  That should get me through the entire week.

- - - - - - - - -

Anyway, there are actually other things going on in my life.  Good things.  I don’t want to talk about it just yet, but a major, major update is coming soon.  Promise.  

0 Responses to “I've gotta cut loose, footloose, take off your Sunday shoes...”

Post a Comment