Indulge me for a moment.
I want to give a little more information on the kind of thing I'd like to be doing when I get back to Korea in a few months. A blog I mentioned before called North Korea Zone, has published two group interviews with North Korean refugees in Seoul. The interviews were conducted by an English teacher named Brendan Brown. I wish I knew more about this teacher, since he's doing what I hope to do in the not too distant future. Anyway you can read the first interview here, and the second here.
As I've said before, I'm not getting too political about this, at least not right now. My main thing is that I want to do something to help some people.
Of course my main purpose in returning to Korea is to teach. Based on what I've said here, it may give the impression that I consider teaching merely a peripheral activity to fill in the time when I'm not doing other things. Well, I can't deny there may be some truth to it. All I can say is when I'm in the classroom I'm (kinda sorta almost) wholly devoted to the job at hand.
Speaking of other activities, I gots to clean today. When my home is sloppy, I feel sloppy, and right now it is and I do.
I want to give a little more information on the kind of thing I'd like to be doing when I get back to Korea in a few months. A blog I mentioned before called North Korea Zone, has published two group interviews with North Korean refugees in Seoul. The interviews were conducted by an English teacher named Brendan Brown. I wish I knew more about this teacher, since he's doing what I hope to do in the not too distant future. Anyway you can read the first interview here, and the second here.
As I've said before, I'm not getting too political about this, at least not right now. My main thing is that I want to do something to help some people.
Of course my main purpose in returning to Korea is to teach. Based on what I've said here, it may give the impression that I consider teaching merely a peripheral activity to fill in the time when I'm not doing other things. Well, I can't deny there may be some truth to it. All I can say is when I'm in the classroom I'm (kinda sorta almost) wholly devoted to the job at hand.
Speaking of other activities, I gots to clean today. When my home is sloppy, I feel sloppy, and right now it is and I do.

0 Responses to “”
Post a Comment